The first resin pieces

The first pieces made are a failure! At first, I didn’t understand it. I couldn’t see what wasn’t working. However, I had made the silicone molds well and respected the techniques. But something was wrong and persisted. That’s when I realized that the casting tunnels were too narrow for the circulation of liquid resin. To remedy the situation, I had no choice but to expand them with an exacto. The process was tricky, but fortunately my first resins pieces were just casting tests. Until then, I’m leaving you and I’ll be back in a few days with my work in progress.

Les premières pièces réalisées sont un échec! Au début, je n’y comprenais rien. Je n’arrivais pas à voir ce qui ne fonctionnait pas. Pourtant, j’avais bien réalisé les moules et respecté les techniques. Mais, quelque chose clochait et persistait. C’est alors que j’ai réalisé que les tunnels de coulage étaient trop étroits pour la circulation de la résine en liquide. Pour remédier la situation, je n’ai pas eu le choix de les élargir à l’aide d’un exacto. Le processus fut délicat, mais heureusement que mes premières n’étaient que des tests de coulage. D’ici-là je vous quitte et je vous reviendrai dans quelques jours avec mon travail en progression.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.